The Golf Courses
The Dunes Course
The impressive seaside The Dunes Course is the first signature golf course in Greece, designed by two times US Masters Champion and former Ryder Cup Captain Bernhard Langer in association with European Golf Design. This championship course, set in a landscape of diverse topography with spectacular sea and river views, incorporates some links-style features in areas closest to the sea, with tall dunes dividing some of the holes adjacent to the golden beach.
Parts of the course venture into olive and fruit groves, while some holes run along a small river that meanders through the site. Combined with large undulating greens, wide fairways and steep-faced pot bunkers, the link element of the course adds to its unique style and playability.
"The Dunes Course" has been designed to provide an exciting challenge for all golfers. Each hole has multiple sets of tees to allow the player to select the course length that best suite his or her game. The course will therefore measure from a little more than 5,000 metres from the front tees to almost 6,200 metres from the back tees with a par of 72. Generously wide fairways and large greens make good targets which will be appreciated by most golfers.
Course Facilities Info:
18-hole, par-72 course measuring almost 6,200 metres from the back tees and a little more than 5,000 metres from the front tees.
3,500m² clubhouse with full-service locker and guest-changing facilities.Dining and banquet space for pre- and post- tournament activity. A fully-equipped shop will offer the latest in golf equipment and apparel from a range of international brands.
Extensive practice facilities including a well-appointed full-size driving range, putting green and short-game practice area. A team of golf professionals will be available for private lessons and individual coaching sessions.
- State-of-the-art fleet of golf carts available for the tournament.
- Beverage stations (Hole No. 1, 6, 10 & 14)
- Starting points (Hole No. 1 – Hole No. 10)
The Bay Course
The acclaimed US publication Robb Report has included The Bay Course among the “Best of the Best: Golf Courses”.
Open since October 2011, the 18-hole seaside "The Bay Course" at Navarino Bay, designed by Robert Trent Jones II, promises to be both a fun experience and a challenging test for golfers of all levels. Troon Golf, the world's leading luxury-brand golf management company, also operates "The Bay Course". With the majority of tees offering sublime sea views and two holes playing along the historic Bay of Navarino, the course meanders through three distinct natural landscapes, The Seaside, Canyon, and Grove holes provide striking contrasts that create a dramatic and memorable golf round.
Seaside: Golfers will experience four different Seaside greens framed by a scenic backdrop of the tranquil waters of the Bay of Navarino. The bay's natural beauty is showcased on hole #17, a short and strategic par 4 directly fronting the bay with the town of Pylos visible in the background. This challenging hole will present tremendous visual appeal.
Canyon: On "The Bay Course"'s numerous Canyon holes, golfers will play from elevated tees and pursue their drives into and through box canyons as the course switches inland from the sea. These holes will feel more intimate than the Seaside holes and offer very different views and a greater variety of strategic options.
Grove: More than 1,000 mature olive trees - some more than 500 years old - were saved during the construction of the course and transplanted along the perimeter. The Grove holes meander through this treed landscape, providing distinctive mountain views in striking contrast to the Seaside and Canyon holes.
The golf course plays to a par of 71 from a variety of lengths designed to challenge golfers of various skill levels. Crafted across natural terrain, the layout offers panoramic seaside and mountain views in addition to having several holes that play directly along the sea, providing an unforgettable golfing experience. Moreover, players are welcome to sample the ripe fruit from the trees around the course at their leisure.
Course Facilities Info:
- 18-hole, par-71 course measuring 5,614 metres from the back tees and featuring four sets of tee positions.
- Impressive clubhouse with full-service locker and guest-changing facilities.
- Dining and banquet space for pre- and post- tournament activity. A fully equipped pro shop will offer the latest in golf equipment and apparel from a range of international brands.
- Extensive practice facilities including a well-appointed driving range and a putting green. A team of golf professionals will be available for private lessons and coaching sessions.
- Fleet of state-of-the-art golf carts available for hire. Golfers may also enjoy the course on foot.
- A wide selection of the latest quality equipment will be available to guests travelling without their clubs.
- Full-service group and tournament activities, including scoring and tournament services for 10 to 120 players.
- Team-building golf packages can be tailor-made regardless of playing level.